A community of practice is a learning opportunity to foster collaborative learning among colleagues within a particular work environment or field. NCCSE gives you this opportunity and encourages you to take time out of your busy schedule to meet with other special education professionals from your community of practice. You will have time to collaborate, problem solve, and encourage one another. You'll be sure to leave with new ideas to implement in your program.
Some of the communities of practice that meet at NCCSE are:
- BCBAs (Board Certified Behavior Analysts)
- Preschool Staff
- Speech-Language Pathologists and Assistants
- Staff Trained in NCCSE Behavior Intervention Training Series (NBITS) Information Brochure PDF
- Adapted Physical Education Staff
- Occupational Therapists
- Staff Working with Students with Visual Impairments
- Staff Working with Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH)
- High School Mild Moderate Teachers
Register online at our Professional Development page.